The social rooms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» What are you listening to?
Merger offer from another forum EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 9:36 am by Butthead93

» What does your desktop look like?
Merger offer from another forum EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 2:56 am by Mitochondric Eve

» Absolute tosh
Merger offer from another forum EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 2:51 am by Mitochondric Eve

» Wha???? needs to be longer....
Merger offer from another forum EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 2:42 am by Mitochondric Eve

» the EPIC domino thread.
Merger offer from another forum EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 2:41 am by Mitochondric Eve

» we need to keep this thing alive.
Merger offer from another forum EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 2:41 am by Mitochondric Eve

» fecked up dream from last night.
Merger offer from another forum EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 2:40 am by Mitochondric Eve

» Sexuality
Merger offer from another forum EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 2:36 am by Mitochondric Eve

» Attention Gestapo Ranked officers and General Mods.
Merger offer from another forum EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 2:35 am by Mitochondric Eve

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Google Ads

Merger offer from another forum

4 posters

Go down

Merger offer from another forum Empty Merger offer from another forum

Post by Dark_Lord Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:26 am

Lord Rassilon, the newest registered member has expressed an interest to me to merge our forum with his to create a bigger community.

I wanted to run this by us all.

Basically, the other forum works much like ours, all conglomerate decisions, very diplomatic and social.

I am in two minds.

On the one hand, I want to, We are a small community and we do need to expand, which is becoming difficult trying to spread the word indeed. it would benefit us in the sense there would be more people to talk to and such.... also a few more options etc.

on the other... this guy has appeared out the blue and I am researching this other forum and endeavor to do so. No offense to the Lord, but I do not know who he is. I am also worried we will lose our rights and powers as we have them, everything seems to work so well here, so why sacrifice it?? I also want to consider publicly linking the forum to Facebook now, in order to bolster numbers. I think we need to open our avenues.

now there is a third option.

we can try to expand and have a deadline to see how far we get, so lets say one month. and if we do not successfully expand within that month I could contact the Lord again and see if the offer still stands.

what do you think? Its vital you all respond to this, even the Lord can if he so wishes.

Dark_Lord
Dark_Lord
Admin
Admin

https://thesocialrooms.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Merger offer from another forum Empty Re: Merger offer from another forum

Post by Mitochondric Eve Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:07 pm

The deadline idea.
Mitochondric Eve
Mitochondric Eve

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:39 pm

Dark_Lord wrote:Lord Rassilon, the newest registered member has expressed an interest to me to merge our forum with his to create a bigger community.

Basically, the other forum works much like ours, all conglomerate decisions, very diplomatic and social.

At the Ministry, all members are valued. We appreciate how difficult it is to create a large, active, peaceful and well managed community. The forum is ran purely for the benefit of the members. The moderation and technical team make no profit from the site whatsoever (in fact, I'm out of pocket with running costs). But this in order to provide a forum with a dot com address, which is always ad-free and copyright-free from the host. If a member isn't happy, then the team isn't happy; it's really as simple as that.

Decisions at the Ministry are democratic. All members have the right to make requests, ask questions, detail complaints or grievances, suggest improvements or whatever else. As the forum is run for its membership this is the way it simply has to be.

We also have clear rules in place (The Ministry Laws) which are available for all to view. The moderators follow those just as the members are expected to. However, the rules are not over-burdensome. We appreciate the need for free speech and even controversy, but attacking and hatred are not permitted.

I am in two minds.

On the one hand, I want to, We are a small community and we do need to expand, which is becoming difficult trying to spread the word indeed. it would benefit us in the sense there would be more people to talk to and such.... also a few more options etc.

on the other... this guy has appeared out the blue and I am researching this other forum and endeavor to do so. No offense to the Lord, but I do not know who he is.

You are welcome to research the forum. You are also welcome to join just to have a look around if that will help. I'm happy to answer questions if you have any.

I am also worried we will lose our rights and powers as we have them, everything seems to work so well here, so why sacrifice it??

When you say "rights and powers" what do you mean exactly?

I appreciate that there may well be need for negotiation, but I'm happy to discuss whatever concerns or issues you might have and see what we can come up with.

I also want to consider publicly linking the forum to Facebook now, in order to bolster numbers. I think we need to open our avenues.

we can try to expand and have a deadline to see how far we get, so lets say one month. and if we do not successfully expand within that month I could contact the Lord again and see if the offer still stands.

I think this is a perfectly reasonable suggestion. The offer will remain open, and even if the offer is declined then it will still be possible to return to at a later date if it was thought necessary. There is no deadline for an answer on my part.

what do you think? Its vital you all respond to this, even the Lord can if he so wishes.

Thank you for the right of reply. I am more than happy to address any questions, issues or concerns which are raised.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ginni Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:59 am

Dark_Lord wrote:Lord Rassilon, the newest registered member has expressed an interest to me to merge our forum with his to create a bigger community.

I am in two minds.

on the other... this guy has appeared out the blue and I am researching this other forum and endeavor to do so. No offense to the Lord, but I do not know who he is. I am also worried we will lose our rights and powers as we have them, everything seems to work so well here, so why sacrifice it?? I also want to consider publicly linking the forum to Facebook now, in order to bolster numbers. I think we need to open our avenues.

How exactly would such a merger be achieved? Is there a script that merges the databases of both forums or will we have to register new accounts?
Ginni
Ginni
Developer
Developer

https://www.facebook.com/ginni.astin.howell/

Back to top Go down

Post by Butthead93 Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:04 am

Mitochondric Eve wrote:The deadline idea.

I agree
Butthead93
Butthead93
n00b
n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark_Lord Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:15 am

no Problem Rassilon.

In terms of rights and powers I meant as in admin and that jazz...

And Ginni poses a good question.

i need the others to reply...
Dark_Lord
Dark_Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:20 am

Unfortunately it would be impossible to merge the databases. It would require registering new accounts I'm afraid.

It is possible that a moderator's position could be offered. Naturally I'd have to discuss that with my moderation team, but I see no reason in principle why that couldn't be the case. It's mostly a question of numbers, i.e. the more members there are the more moderators are required.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ginni Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:50 am

So essentially your offer is "Sign up for/join my forum and your current administration will retain their positions though I don't promise anything", would this be a fair analysis?
Ginni
Ginni
Developer
Developer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:24 am

No, I think that is very unfair.

I must consult with my team just as people here must consult with each other. That's only right and fair.

And there is the question of numbers which is all important. It's silly to have more moderators than is required. It does depend on how many members would be joining and how often they might be posting.

From your membership, there are only 5 members who have posted over 10 times. Assuming those 5 join, how many moderators should be created out of them? That's the thing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark_Lord Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:17 am

I had a good long think about this. no

why should we? we set all this up, set up most of the members we currently have as officers to find that half of us would lose our rights and integrity. Why should we sacrifice that?

it isn't a forum merge, it is a cheapass way to boost your numbers on a forum.

If this was a proper merge you would either import one coding to the other and make arrangements or you would create a new forum for both the amalgamated parties. Bloody ludicrous.

he's banned anyway. sorry had to be done. i was just the only guy with the balls to hit the button.
Dark_Lord
Dark_Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ginni Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:45 am

You have demonstrated by your hot-headed actions that you are not suitable moderator material.

You have been unjust, rude and disrespectful.

The offer I extended to you is now cancelled permanently.

Your forum will not survive for very long and you will not be able to successfully recruit either.

If you seriously think that 5 members join a pre-existing forum and you want 4 of them to become moderators, then you really need to get some perspective. If you were 50 in number then the answer would be yes, but you are 5.

You've signed your own forum's death warrant.

Communications terminated.

I was PM'd that. It's very amusing. This guy needs help.
Ginni
Ginni
Developer
Developer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark_Lord Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:16 am

you gotit too? i thought i disabled all emails?
Dark_Lord
Dark_Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down